Earth Science Teaching Endorsement
Applicants who meet the minimum requirements below are eligible for consideration, but not assured admission. Enrollment is limited and admission is competitive. Admission deadlines are October 31 and March 31 with admission effective the following term. Candidates must complete formal admission procedures and be admitted to teacher preparation prior to taking any professional education course work beyond T&L 300, 301, 315 or 317. The following minimum criteria must be met for consideration for admission.
- Completion, within the last three years, of 80 hours of supervised work with children or youth in a diverse setting.
- ACT or SAT score which meets current state requirements (Inquire at Teacher Education Student Services). Those holding a bachelor's degree and those with two years of successful college work in which competency in oral and written communication, math, and reading has been demonstrated are exempt.
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours of course work.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50.
- Engl 201 or equivalent composition course with a minimum grade of C.
- ComSt 102 or equivalent public speaking course with a minimum grade of C.
- T&L 300.
- Elementary and Early Childhood Majors: Math 251 and at least two GER science courses with minimum grade of C.
- Secondary Majors: Nine hours of course work in the primary endorsement area.
- Certified in major department: Major department may have additional criteria for teaching option may be required.
- An interview and writing sample may be required.
Admission to, or continued enrollment in, the teacher preparation program may be denied a candidate on the basis of review by the faculty.
For more information on the Earth Science Teaching Endorsement, visit http://academics.wsu.edu/fields/study.asp?id=EARTT
- SEES Faculty List
- Geology Course Listing
- SEES Scholarships
- Just for Students (SEES)
- SEES Contact Info
- SEES Links/Resources
- WSU College of Sciences
- WSU Future Students: Academics
Back to top