Home > Faculty/Staff >Gary D. Webster
Gary D. Webster, Ph.D.
School of Earth & Environmental Sciences
|Webster Physical Science Building Room 1152|
Late Plaeozoic Paleontology/stratigraphy; Crinoids and conodonts
- Webster, G.D., and Groessens, E. 1991. Conodont subdivision of the Lower Carboniferous. Courier Forschungsinstitute Senckenberg, 130:31-40.
- Webster, G.D. and Jell, P.A. 1992. Permian echinoderms from Western Australia. Memoirs of the Queensland Museum, 32(1):311-371.
- Chen, X., Derewetzky, A.N. and Webster, G.D. 1994. Evaluation of the Kinderhookian-Osagean (Lower Mississippian) boundary in the Cordillera, western United States. In Embry, A.F. et al (eds), Pangea Gloval Environments and Resources. Canadian Society of Petroleum Geologists Memoir 17, p. 877-890.
- Webster, G.D. 1997. Lower Carboniferous echinoderms from northern Utah and western Wyoming. Utah Geological Survey Bulletin 128, Paleontology Series 1:1-65.
- Brenckle, P.L., Baesemann, J.F., Lane, H.R., West, R.R., Webster, G.D., Langenheim, R.L., Brand, U., and Richards, B.C. 1997. Arrow Canyon, the Mid-Carboniferous boundary stratotype. In Brenckle, P.L., Page, W. R. (eds), Paleoforams ’97 Guidebook: Post-Conference field trip to the Arrow Canyon Range, southern Nevada U.S.A.. Cushman Foundation Foraminiferal Research Supplement to Special Publication No. 36:13-32.
- Webster, G.D., and Houck, K.J. 1998. Middle Pennsylvanian, late Atokan-early Desmoinesian echinoderms from an intermontane basin, the Central Colorado Trough. Journal of Paleontology, 72:1054-1072.
- Webster, G.D. 1998. Distortion in the stratigraphy and biostratigraphy of Timor, a historical review with an anlysis of the crinoid and blastoid faunas. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria, 110(1/2):45-72.
- Webster, G.D. 1998. Palaeobiogeography of Tethys Permian crinoids. Proceedings of the Royal Society of Victoria, 110(1/2)289-308.
- Webster, G.D., Hafley, D.J., Blake, D.B., and Glass, A. 1999. Crinoids and stelleroids (Echinodermata) from the Broken Rib Member, Dyer Formation (Late Devonian, Famennian) of the White River Plateau, Colorado. Journal of Paleontology, 73:461-486.
- Webster, G.D. and Jell, P.A. 1999. New Carboniferous crinoids from eastern Australia. Memoirs of the Queensland Musem, 43(1):237-278.
- Webster, G.D. and Jell, P.A. 1999. New Permian crinoids from Australia. Memoirs of the Queensland Musem, 43(1):279-340.
- Webster, G.D. 2001. Paleobiogeography of Devonian and Carboniferous faunas of Gondwana. Records of the Western Australian Museum Supplement No. 58:403-420.
- Webster, G.D. 2003, Bibliography and index of Paleozoic crinoids, coronates, and hemistreptocrinoids 1758-1999. Geological Society of America, Special Paper 363, 2335 p., web site: http://crioid.gsajournals.org/crinoidmod/
- Webster, G.D., Maples, C.G., Mawson, R., and Dastanpour, M. 2003. A cladid-dominated Early Mississippian crinoid and conodont fauna from Kerman Province, Iran and revision of the glossocrinids and rhenocrinids. Journal of Paleontology Memoir 60, 77(supp. to no. 3):1-35.
- Webster G.D. and Ariunchimeg, Y. 2004. The northern most Emsian crinoids known, a Devonian fauna from the Chuluun Formation, Shine Jinst area, southern Mongolia. Geobios, 37:481-487.
- Webster, G.D., Maples, C.G., Sevastopulo, G.D., Frest, T., and Waters, J.A. 2004. Carboniferous (Visean – Moscovian) echinoderms from the Bechar Basin area of western Algeria. Bulletins American Paleontology, No. 368, 111 p.
- Webster, G.D., Becker, A.T., and Maples, C.G. 2005, Biostratigraphy, paleoecology, and taxonomy of Devonian (Emsian and Famennian) crinoids from southeastern Morocco. Journal of Paleontology, 79:1052-1071.
- Webster, G.D., and Maples, C.G. 2006. Cladid crinoid (Echinodermata) anal conditions, a terminology problem and proposed solution. Palaeontology, 49:187-212.
- Webster, G.D., and Kues, B.S. 2006. Pennsylvanian crinoids of New Mexico. New Mexico Geology, 28:3-36.
- Webster, G.D., and Lane, N.G., (In Press) 2007. New Permian crinoids from the Battleship Wash patch reef in southern Nevada. Journal of Paleontology, 81, no. 5.
- Webster, G.D., Maples, C.G. and Yazdi, M., (In press) 2007. Late Devonian and Mississippian echinoderms from central and northern Iran. Journal of Paleontology, 81, no. 6.