Home > Geology Field Guides
Field Guides to Regional Geology
The Geology Program in the School of Earth & Environmental Sciences
(SEES) has provided the following professional-level field guides
(1976 GSA Cordillean Meeting-Pullman, WA) available for download (Adobe
- Guide to Field Trip Between Pasco and Pullman, Washington Emphasizing Stratigraphy, Vent Areas, and Intracanyon Flows of Yakima Basalt By Donald A. Swanson and Thomas L. Wright.
- Hydrology and Engineering Geology of the Columbia Basin By Donald J. Brown, Gary T. Lobdell and George E. Neff.
- The Idaho Batholith and Related Subduction Complex By Donald W. Hyndman and James L. Talbot.
Two recent and introductory-level field trip guides are also available . They are:
- Floods of Lava and Ice Water: A field trip from Pullman to Colfax, Dusty, Washtucna, Palouse Falls, Starbuck, Alpowa Point, Chief Timothy Park, and return to Pullman. See the geological processes in the surrounding area.
- Opals to Mountain Tops: A field trip showing geological processes within Pullman, Kamiak Butte, Palouse, Colfax, Steptoe Butte, St. John, and Rock Lake.
Back to top